Project #44 Frogs and Fishes


Sometimes I get sales from people with interesting sounding email addresses and postal addresses. Occasionally I'll google these people and see what they're up to. This has led to some interesting conversations and discoveries, such as someone who worked with super slow motion videos and even a saucy underwear site. This most recent order led me to Artists market and in particular Eschers Fish and Frogs.

These frogs all vary slightly to each other as they progress down the page so they all had to be drawn individually. Initially they were cut in the two different wood types I have to hand. I felt the contrast wasn't strong enough so I painted half of them black, I mounted them onto an mdf sheet to hold them sturdy.

As a bonus (and with a little bit more effort) I was able to extract 1 frog and 1 fish and to modify them so that they tessellate with each other and I can form whole sheets of fish and frogs. (svg for singles here)

44 Projects/ 48 Weeks






Popular posts from this blog

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Laser Cut Cryptex