Triple cut paper


While trying to build the skin for the inside of my hopper I needed to cut a lot of paper to the right size. I perforated the sheets to make them fold and fit the hopper perfectly but they were taking 5 minutes a time to cut, 5x 32 makes for a long and tedious evening. I decided to try and cut multiple layers at once. It's been a very long time since I last tried this. Previously I tried it with my HPC 3020 which made a real mess of it, the Just Add Sharks lasers have better air assist and better extraction so I was optimistic. 


I was able to cut through 3 sheets at once, but it definitely had some issues. The top layers of paper were actually blown around by the powerful air assist. This could be easily remedied with appropriately placed magnets. The bigger issue is that as you get to the bottoms layers there is increased smoke staining. So this method is really just quick and dirty and sometimes that's all you really want but if you're trying to make anything important you should always be aiming to cut 1 single layer in 1 single pass.


Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Laser Cut Cryptex