Blue Laser - The bits I don't want


I have plans for this blue laser and I need to start by removing the things that I don't want in the machine any more.
  • The laser power supply - this was broken when I received it, burnt out by the previous owner.
  • The control system - goodbye moshi draw sadly this means taking out the stepper drivers too.
  • The light bulb - honestly I don't know why this bugs me so much, it's just a silly thing to have there.
  • The extraction fan - it's weak, ineffectual and it gets in the way of the laser cover.
  • The clampy thing - also ineffectual I have plans to install a z axis in the same space.
With all these parts gone there is lots of room inside the case for all my desired modifications.


Popular posts from this blog

Rainbow Puzzle Box

Wiring the Ruida Controller

Laser Cut Cryptex